Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A little embellishment

Take one nice but a little bit boring baby skivvy. Add some previously featured leaf fabric, some stuffing and a bit of outline sewing and look what you get.
This "brooch" has been in my head for quite some time (it is sewn on, not like a real brooch, so its safe for little ones) and I was very impressed with how it turned out. It compliments the purple nicely and goes rather well with a little pair of baby jeans.

In fact I like it so much I have been thinking about doing one for myself. But then what if I want to wear it at the same time the baby is wearing it? Or what if someone sees the baby wearing it then a week later they see it on me too? I don't know that I'm into the mother-daughter same outfit thing. I do rather like it though...

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Pam, and really nicely made. Go on ... make one for youself - maybe put a pin on yours so you can mix but not match!

    ReplyDelete