Friday, September 4, 2009

a reverse print

Today was a cleaning house and packing for camping day. After packing my selection of clothes (all casual) I was a bit bored with my options, and my hands were tingling to get stuck into something a bit more exciting. So I grabbed an old grey hoodie that has been out of favour for a while and jazzed it up a little.

The in progress shot:
Didn't think to take before photos. Suffice to say it looked the same except without the black print. I used a lace paper stencil I picked up a while ago from a scrapbooking shop. I sprayed adhesive on the back, stuck it on the front (zipper closed) and painted away. So when the lace paper was pulled away, the print comes to life. I like the way the print is together when zipped up and separated when open. And now I have a half decent hoodie to wear on our trip!
Next posts will be in a week or so. Hopefully I will have some nice ones from camping.

5 comments:

  1. I've seen those stencils in the shops but I never would have thought of using them to jazz up a piece of clothing. Fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool idea, Pam - I am super impressed with the outcome. Good one! Have a blast camping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really clever idea Pam. Your hoodie looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever. Way too flash for camping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool. great idea with the lace paper thing. never heard of that.

    ReplyDelete