Wednesday, September 23, 2009

making use of baby free time

A visit to Ironside studios in Kensington on the weekend was very inspiring to see the collection of artists and creative folk getting out there and doing their thing. Favourites were Spin Spin Handmade and Buttons by Heather (although we didn't get to meet Heather). Was also lovely to get out of the house (baby free!) for a short while and catch up with Nic from Yardage.
To make a long story short, I got a last minute babysitter today (thanks Monica!) which meant I was able to visit the dentist on my own. So as I was out and about baby free (and the dentist didn't really feel like much of a treat), I quickly popped next door to Spotlight. Oops. They are having a big markdown on quilting fabrics, so I ended up picking up a few, down to $5 and $6 per metre each. How could I resist? Summer baby dresses here I come! I'm thinking the Oliver + S popover sundress from my Sew Hip magazine as a starter.... and maybe I'll check out my Ottobre mags for more inspiration.
I've also entered the giveaway by A Little Red Ribbon. She makes cute things from vintage fabrics and her little coin purse giveaway is gorgeous! I hope I am lucky enough to win.

1 comment:

  1. SNAP! I went to the dentist today too! I didn't go to Spotlight, although I might now that I know they are having a sale!

    ReplyDelete