Saturday, January 2, 2010

New born baby gift and getting my sewjo back

Ooh and aren't I starting off the year on a good note!

My brother in law and partner had a brand new little baby boy on Tuesday. To welcome little Ollie, I made a few things to make his introduction to the world a little nicer.
A printed muslin wrap to keep him comforted in the hot summer months to come. The edges are bound in bright yellow binding. Cute animal print muslin. I loved the colour combination of the blues with the fresh lemon yellow. I hope the new Mum did too!

A couple of burping towels, finished with the same theme of the muslin print and lemon yellow.
And finally a chew blanky to match. These chew blanky (otherwise known as tag rags) are so easy to make; cut out two squares of bright fabrics, attach a few left over bits of ribbons and notions, sew it all together, and babies love them!
The whole set ready to be wrapped and gifted.
I was especially pleased with my effort as I have been finding it a little hard to get into the making stuff of late. Sewing action has been nearly zero. But I was energised and motivated to get this one done, so fingers crossed, I may have finally gotten my sewjo* back! Yippee!
* Compliments to Selena's Vintage who introduced me to the term 'sewjo' a while back. Potentially I thought this to be such a cool term when I first heard it that I was subconsciously looking for the opportunity to loose my 'sewjo' just do I could claim to have my 'sewjo' back. Hmm, only time will tell.

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful gifts you have made. I too love the blues with fresh lemon - I'm sure new mum will adore it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gifts! thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Muslin! What a beautiful gift set you made up, The colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apart from these, we also believe that each online shopper must get what’s worth his time and money. That prompted us to design schemes that would make realize that we are worth your money and time. Our promos, special sales, and among others, can prove this. Take a look at how beautiful these 2 sets of baby socks marked down as follows: From $6.00 to now $4.99 – 3 pairs in a pack, anti slip, with graphic bear design on it. Available in 3 softly designed colors. Second is our specially marked 3-pair a set baby socks worth $2.99 only, marked down from its original $4.99 price. These cute baby socks have patched-on bear graphic designs with 3 variant of colors. These can be your perfect new born baby gift, either for your own baby or for your godsons and goddaughters’.

    ReplyDelete